InnerWorkings Announces Q3 '07 Results; 70% Year-Over-Year Growth
Thursday, November 08, 2007
Press release from the issuing companyChicago, IL, November 7, 2007 - InnerWorkings, Inc., a leading provider of managed print solutions to corporate clients in the United States, today reported record results for the three months ended September 30, 2007.
Revenue grew 73 percent versus the third quarter of 2006 to a record $72.1 million.
Operating income rose 60 percent to $5.8 million, up from $3.6 million in the third quarter of 2006.
Net income increased 70 percent to $4.0 million, up from $2.4 million in the third quarter of 2006.
Year-over-year enterprise revenue increased 51 percent to $47 million.
During the quarter the Company added five new enterprise clients.
The Company increased its sales force through the addition of 10 new account executives during the quarter, increasing the total to 178 as of September 30, 2007.
Diluted earnings per share were $0.08, up from $0.05 in the third quarter of 2006.
Revenue for the Company's third quarter was $72.1 million, an increase of 73 percent compared to revenue of $41.8 million in the third quarter of 2006. Operating income was $5.8 million, an increase of 60 percent from $3.6 million during the same quarter of 2006.
For the three months ended September 30, 2007, net income was $4.0 million, an increase of 70 percent from $2.4 million during the third quarter of 2006. For the quarter, diluted earnings per share were $0.08.
"Our focus on our sales efforts and overall business fundamentals continues to be rewarded with excellent top-line and bottom-line growth," stated Steve Zuccarini, Chief Executive Officer of InnerWorkings. "We are very pleased with the track record of consistent results that we are building, as it is a continued demonstration of the substantial value that our model delivers to our customers."
Additional third quarter 2007 financial and operational highlights include the following:
For the third quarter of 2007, 65 percent of the Company's revenue was generated from sales to enterprise clients, with the remaining 35 percent coming from transactional clients.
During the quarter the Company generated cash flow from operations of $2.5 million.
The Company had a cash and marketable securities balance of $70.3 million as of September 30, 2007. This cash balance increased over $1.6 million sequentially from the second quarter of 2007.
The Company's balance sheet contained no debt as of September 30, 2007.
As previously announced, the Company acquired Brown+Partners, Inc. in July of 2007.
"The investments in personnel and processes during the quarter are a reflection of our desire to continue to build out the organization in order to capture the significant potential that exists in the marketplace," stated Nick Galassi, Chief Financial Officer of InnerWorkings. "From an operational perspective we are very pleased to see steadily increasing cash flow, which reflects the financial strength of the business."
"We continue to be impressed with the exceptional commitment of the InnerWorkings team, which has allowed the Company to establish a strong track record of growth," Zuccarini concluded. "As the year comes to a close, we are confident in our ability to achieve revenue for fiscal year 2007 at the high end or slightly above our forecasted range of $260 million to $280 million. Based upon our continued investment in the business, we are reiterating guidance related to net income and diluted earnings per share in the ranges of $16 million to $17 million and $0.30 to $0.33, respectively."
A conference call will be broadcast live on Wednesday, November 7, 2007, at 4:30 p.m. Central Time (5:30 p.m. Eastern Time). The live webcast discussion, which will include a Q&A session, will be hosted by Steven E. Zuccarini, Chief Executive Officer; Nicholas J. Galassi, Chief Financial Officer; and Eric D. Belcher, Chief Operating Officer. Interested parties are invited to listen to the live webcast by visiting the Investor "Events & Presentations" section of InnerWorkings' website at www.iwprint.com. A replay of the webcast will be available later that day in the same section of the website.
About InnerWorkings, Inc.
Chicago-based InnerWorkings, Inc. is a leading provider of managed print solutions to corporate clients in the United States. With proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network and domain expertise, the Company procures, manages and delivers printed products as part of a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution. Based in Chicago with numerous other offices in the United States, InnerWorkings procures printed products for clients across a wide range of industries, such as advertising, consumer products, publishing and retail. For more information on InnerWorkings, visit: www.iwprint.com.
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved