InfoPrint launches InfoPrint Pro C900AFP
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyNew AFP color cutsheet technology extends flexibility and productivity to customers transitioning applications from monochrome to color
BOULDER, Co – InfoPrint Solutions Company, a joint venture between IBM and Ricoh, today announced the latest addition to its high-speed digital color cutsheet portfolio for the production and mid-market sectors, the InfoPrint Pro C900AFP.
This latest Advanced Function Presentation (AFP) version of InfoPrint's Pro C900 powerhouse line-up is ideal for users transitioning from monochrome to color, or looking to introduce TransPromo, the combination of personalized data and information on transactional documents such as statements and invoices. It is aimed at users in data centers, service bureaus and direct mailers, especially those customers currently using AFP.
The InfoPrint Pro C900AFP and its InfoPrint-developed AFP print controller leverage the AFP architecture to print transactional documents with the reliability, integrity and productivity that customers expect. AFP allows the presentation of pages containing a robust mixture of different data types. Customers currently using applications developed using FS45 color support as well as those implementing new applications that leverage the Color Management Object Content Architecture (CMOCA) can use the InfoPrint Pro C900AFP to confidently print their output.
Additionally, by using the InfoPrint 5000 emulation profile, high volume customers using this continuous form color printer can utilize the InfoPrint Pro C900AFP for short runs, application development and reprints. High capacity input and output options and the ability to load toner on the fly enable long, unattended print runs.
"We are committed to driving our technology innovations across all our product lines, enabling existing customers to benefit from more than 50 years at the forefront of the business," said Rick Carver, WW Product Manager, Production Cutsheet Solutions at InfoPrint. "As one of the founding members of the AFP Consortium we were heavily involved in the development of the AFP CMOCA Architecture, and in doing so, driving accurate and consistent color in variable data printing. Now we can pass on the benefits of these production-level innovations to a new market segment or to existing high volume customers looking to expand capabilities at the mid range."
Additional productivity features developed for this solution include:
· Ease of use - operators use familiar screens and workflow procedures minimizing training
· An advanced toner system maintains superb color throughout the life of the developer
· Precise registration helps with front-to-back and page-to-page alignment
· The ability to run mixed-plex and mixed-media jobs fast and efficiently. With support for a range of media sizes, types and weights, the InfoPrint Pro C900AFP accommodates diverse job specifications quickly and easily
· Air-assisted paper feed for heavy stocks helps to maintain rated speed
· Automatic switching between trays helps prevent job interruptions when the same form is loaded in multiple trays.
· Change-on-the-fly supplies and media to support continuous operation, minimize setup time and prevent interventions that cause downtime
· Trained Customer Replaceable Units helps to minimize downtime as users can replace critical components without maintenance support
· Inline finishing capabilities, to shorten turnaround times and reduce outsourcing
AFP is a document format originally designed to support form printing on laser printers. Both large and mid-market customers can reap the benefits of AFP architecture, and it is particularly important in driving new industry initiatives like TransPromo and in the creation of invoices, personalized collateral and direct mail.
For more information on the InfoPrint Pro C900AFP, please visit http://www.infoprintsolutionscompany.com/internet/wwsites.nsf/vwWebPublished/print_ipproc900home_us
Copyright © 2019 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved