Xerox Launches New DocuColor Digital Presses
Tuesday, August 04, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyROCHESTER, N.Y. -- Xerox Corporation digital production color devices account for more than 50 percent of the total worldwide page volume1 - and now print providers have another option for their digital printing needs with the launch of the Xerox DocuColor 7002/8002 Digital Presses.
Consistent high image quality and maximum productivity are powerful benefits of these new digital presses - ideal for producing promotional materials, collateral, direct marketing and photo publishing applications. Key features to the DocuColor 7002/8002 presses include:
- new low gloss toner, which produces a smooth matte finish.
- automated color workflow, giving print providers higher levels of productivity.
- in-line spectrophotometer, which measures test patches that provide data on the press' performance to Xerox's Automated Color Quality Suite (ACQS). ACQS automates previous manual tasks such as system calibration and spot color matching.
- expanded in-line finishing options including the GBC eBinder 200, Xerox Tape Binder, Horizon ColorWorks and ColorWorks Pro Document Finisher.
The in-line spectrophotometer and ACQS are now standard with every press and are compatible with all digital front ends, including EFI, Creo and the Xerox FreeFlow Print Server. The choice of servers, low gloss toner and full ACQS capabilities make the DocuColor 7002/8002 the strongest product offering in its class.
King's College, located in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., will be the first to install this new technology when a DocuColor 7002 arrives on campus later this month.
"One of our largest and most expensive print runs is our annual course catalog, which is used for various recruiting events throughout the year," said Brian Blight, art director, King's College. "With the DocuColor 7002, we will cut production costs considerably and print multiple shorter runs throughout the year - giving us the ability to update stats and course descriptions that will aid in recruitment."
DocuColor's traditional and third-party finishing alternatives are available on the new presses along with the following in-line finishing options:
- GBC eBinder 200 - Creates 360 degree wrap-around lay-flat booklets by delivering stack, punch and bind functionality, all in one in-line device, saving time by eliminating manual operator involvement. The eBinder uses durable, self-adjusting polyester bind elements producing professional final products such as calendars and flip presentations that hold up to 100 sheets.
- Xerox Tape Binder - Produces tape-bound books in-line ranging from 15 to 125, 8.5" x 11" or A4 uncoated sheets using a thermal adhesive tape to securely bind pages, creating professional documents with a strong flexible bind.
- Standard Horizon ColorWorks Document Finisher and ColorWorks Pro Document Finisher - Allows for the low-cost, professional production of booklets with in-line folding, corner and top stitching, face trimming and stacking. The ColorWorks Pro Document Finisher also offers bleed trimming and channel scoring capabilities.
The digital presses with rated speeds of 70- and 80-ppm, respectively, can also produce two-sided prints at rated speed on all weights and sizes up to 300 gsm, allowing operators to quickly run simple jobs on common stocks or complex jobs on heavyweight stocks. Print service providers can choose from the Xerox FreeFlow Print Server, Xerox EX Print Server powered by Fiery or the Xerox CX Print Server powered by Creo to best fit the workflow requirements of their shop.
As with all Xerox digital presses, the DocuColor 7002/8002 integrates with the FreeFlow Digital Workflow collection of products that help customers conduct business around the clock, reduce costs through automation and support new applications. Xerox also provides industry leading business development support with more than 100 ProfitAccelerator tools and resources, as well as New Business of Printing services designed to grow digital printing business.
Pricing and availability
The Xerox DocuColor 7002/8002 Digital Presses are available for worldwide order taking on Aug. 17, 2009; U.S. list price starts at $245,000.
Copyright © 2018 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved