X-Rite i1Display Products Bring Affordable Color Accuracy To PPE 07
Friday, October 19, 2007
Press release from the issuing companyNEW YORK, NY October 15, 2007 - PDN PhotoPlus International Conference & Expo (PPE) International Trade Show - X-Rite Incorporated, the world leader in color management and measurement technologies, showcases its dynamic hardware / software monitor calibration solutions for the growing digital imaging market - the X-Rite i1Display LT for entry-level professionals and the X-Rite i1Display 2 at the PDN PhotoPlus International Conference and Expo, October 18-20, in booth 918 at the Javits Convention Center in New York City.
PPE, the industry's largest and most comprehensive photography expo and educational conference, provides a perfect venue to highlight systems that deliver exceptional color control functionality through wizard-driven technology at breakthrough price points. The X-Rite i1Display products also feature X-Rite i1Match software for two levels of color management solutions that meet entry-level and advanced needs. Photographers can breeze through calibration processes with a state-of-the-art colorimeter and can upgrade effortlessly as their color management needs expand. In addition, X-Rite i1Display products come complete with a compact X-Rite i1Display colorimeter for emissive color measurements of LCD, CRT and laptop displays:
- A detachable ambient light head to capture ambient light measurements and to protect against dust and other contaminants;
- A method of easy attachment to both LCD and CRT monitors with built-in counterweight and suction cups; and
- USB powered use at multiple workstations, with no additional licensing fee.
Precise Onscreen Color Like the Pros
Setting the stage for true-to-life colors from the start, the X-Rite i1Display LT delivers an accurately profiled monitor with easy-mode controls that entry-level pros and other digital imaging professionals can be sure of precise onscreen color. Features of the entry-level X-Rite i1Display LT include:
- Gray balance optimization for more neutral and better-defined grays;
- An ambient light check to determine optimal room lighting for color-critical work;
- A profile reminder to ensure true and reliable color over time;
- Push Button Calibration (PBC), X-Rite's one-step profiling process for industry-leading monitors; and
- Before and after images that highlight instant results.
An Easy Step To the Next Level
PPE attendees also can learn first-hand how simple it is to upgrade to the X-Rite i1Display 2. This step-up for the pro-user is an award-winning monitor calibration solution that offers easy- and advance-mode Wizards. It has all the functionality of the X-Rite i1Display LT including the X-Rite i1Display colorimeter sensor. As a result the Display 2 powers higher repeatability, faster measurements and higher sensitivity in the dark areas for better control in shadow detail and more neutral gray scale. The lightweight, sleek design comes with an ambient light head that easily snaps onto the device, also acting as a dust protector. Both i1Display products are excellent choices for the photo and design education market.
Photographers and other digital imaging professionals can learn how to ensure exceptional performance for the most accurate monitor calibration in today's digital workflow by viewing the X-Rite i1Display 2 at PPE 07, which delivers all the benefits of the X-Rite i1Display LT plus:
- A Workgroup Match function to ensure excellent color control in collaborative production environments by utilizing reference profiles that match all monitors in a workgroup;
- Unlimited gamma white point and luminance settings including native gamma and measure luminance as targets for superior color balancing; and
- Validation functionality that delivers monitor validation and trending graphs.
As recent marketing research reveals, the photo imaging is growing at a remarkable rate, currently an impressive $87 billion industry worldwide. As this digital market evolves and the creative processes it embodies become streamlined, the demand for accurate, easy to use color solutions across media has increased as well.
Special PPE Promo for i1 Display Color Accuracy
X-Rite is offering at the show the i1Display 2 for $199 (MSRP $249) and the i1Display LT for $139 (MSRP $169). Now, for a limited time from an authorized USA/Canadian X-Rite Photo Dealer. All X-Rite i1Display products on view at this year's show were designed to meet exceptional and affordable functionality for both the discerning digital imaging entry-level user as well as the professional. For more information visit www.XritePhoto.com.
For The X-Rite i1-Monitor Solutions Brochure:
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved