EskoArtwork brings its 'Connect More!' theme to life in demonstrations
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
Press release from the issuing companyDüsseldorf (Germany), May 29, 2008 – EskoArtwork (stand 8b/A23) will be demonstrating the capabilities and customer benefits of its advanced solutions together with a diverse range of industry partners at drupa (May 29-June 11). The connection between EskoArtwork hardware and software products and selected partner technologies create more complete solutions and offer a higher level of systems and process integration in the packaging or printing supply chain.
Cooperative Packaging Color Strategy with Sun Chemical (06/B75)
EskoArtwork and The SmartColour group at Sun Chemical are announcing a partnership to produce color-accurate proofs by providing access to Sun Chemical's SmartColour database of ink readings from within EskoArtwork's KaleidoScope color management software, thus eliminating the need to fingerprint a press. SmartColour will extend the EskoArtwork 'Color for Everyone' platform for brand owners, designers, prepress, and converters by enabling the entire packaging development process to specify real colors printed with real inks on real substrates via relevant printing methods. Proofing samples can be evaluated during drupa on both companies' booths.
Complete end-to-end JDF packaging production workflow solution with
Dr. Lauterbach & Partner, MAN Roland (06/D28) and Bobst (10/A04)
EskoArtwork will present the first fully integrated end-to-end JDF workflow solution for packaging production at drupa 2008, in cooperation with Dr. Lauterbach & Partner (an SAP Business Partner), MAN Roland, Bobst S.A., Limmatdruck Zeiler AG and Migros. The solution incorporates and automates all steps of folding carton production, from initial idea through to product delivery. The project was kicked off with a 6-pack muesli bar for Swiss retailer Migros. LP Packaging, the SAP based packaging solution developed by Dr. Lauterbach & Partner, lies at the heart of the JDF workflow. This application covers all the key logistic and financial processes of the packaging conception and production process. Software tools from EskoArtwork are used in packaging development, graphic design and prepress. MAN Roland has developed a JDF-compliant application that uses product and job information to automatically set up the printing press, optimize the ink fountains and adjust the printing units. BOBST S.A. has integrated its folder/gluers into this workflow via the HIGHWAY interface program. The production and productivity data is then sent back to SAP for optimum production monitoring, report generation and quotation optimization.
EskoArtwork has held the chairmanship of the packaging subcommittee of CIP4 for 6 years now, and many of the packaging additions to the latest version of the JDF specification have resulted from the work of the members of this subcommittee.
Demonstrations of strong connections to Management Information Systems (MIS)
Along with the abovementioned JDF demonstration, EskoArtwork will be showcasing MIS initiatives with a large number of other partners, connecting their respective business systems with EskoArtwork's production software. EskoArtwork has assured that its systems are JDF enabled for an easy interface between systems. At its stand EskoArtwork demonstrates an automated prepress workflow featuring an intelligent JDF connection between BackStage or and Nexus and LabelXpro, CERM's MIS system for the label industry. BBI and NSK will demonstrate their MIS solutions to ArtiosCAD, as will QBF and Out-of-the-Box with other EskoArtwork software. Prism Adare (07a/C12) will be demonstrating its MIS integration with BackStage. All demonstrated partner cases are based on real-life customer projects.
DuPont and EskoArtwork set new standards in digital flexo platemaking with the new EskoArtwork CDI imagers, imaging large sleeves and providing semi-automatic plate loading and unloading, tied to new DuPont Cyrel Fast Round processors (08b/B23)
EskoArtwork and DuPont have been driving the development of digital flexo for more than 10 years now, and continue to set the standards in flexo quality and productivity for packaging and labels. Together DuPont and EskoArtwork will launch the latest Cyrel Digital Imagers (CDI) for sleeve imaging and automated platemaking from digital data to a processed and press-ready plate.
On the EskoArtwork stand, the CDI Plate Factory will be in action, featuring a CDI Spark 4260 Auto with fully automated plate loading/unloading and UV Inline exposing.
Just next to the EskoArtwork booth, DuPont will demonstrate the new CDI Advance Cantilever, dedicated for imaging mid and wide web sleeves- with UV inline exposing- in combination with its new DuPont Cyrel Fast Round processor. No special tools like cranes are required to exchange print sleeves or change from sleeve imaging to plate imaging. Also on the DuPont booth, the new CDI Spark will be presented.
Overview of other EskoArtwork partnerships.
A number of other partners will either be demonstrating shared efforts with EskoArtwork on their own stands or at EskoArtwork's stand:
• Adobe (07 / 7.0 E): The power of 3D graphics for packaging and structural design, featuring Studio, a new product line that revolutionizes the way packaging designers will create and communicate their designs. Studio integrates Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and graphics design for boxes and flexible packaging in Adobe Illustrator. Also presented are Studio Toolkit for Boxes which either creates a box from scratch or uses the die-lines to create a real CAD file and Studio Toolkit for Flexibles, which allows designers to build realistic structural models of common flexible packaging types. Demonstrated on the Adobe stand is the link between Adobe applications and EskoArtwork Visualizer to benchmark the effect of paper, varnish, foils emboss effects in a true retail environment as well as the Dynamic Content plug-in for Adobe Illustrator to create a live link between the Brand Owners' content management system and the Adobe tools used by their suppliers.
• CIP4 JDF experience theatre (Hall 7 – J): JDF presentations by EskoArtwork executives
• Dantex: An EskoArtwork CDI imaging letterpress plates will be live demonstrated on the Dantex stand.
• EFI (07 / 7.0 J): Demo of EskoArtwork FlexProof/E, powered by EFI Bestcolor technology, driving inkjet proofing devices.
• Epson (05/A01): Using EskoArtwork FlexoProof/E for digital printing and proofing.
• ExxonMobil Chemical: EskoArtwork will be demonstrating the Color Guarantee in proofing for digital label converters. This is the result of the joint efforts of EskoArtwork and the Films Business of ExxonMobil Chemical. PacVantage samples will be available at the EskoArtwork consulting desk.
• Flexo4all: A strategic alliance founded by 19 different companies promoting flexographic packaging printing; guided tour, samples, and Flexo Roadmap at EskoArtwork stand.
• Gallus (03/F17): Sample project operating Esko Digital Flexo Suite for Labels on narrow web, offset, flexo presses.
• Ghent Workgroup (GWG): EskoArtwork displays its support for the association.
• Hell (17/C42): Demo of gravure printing driven by EskoArtwork front end.
• HP Indigo (08a / B26): HP Indigo label and packaging production is demonstrated with a series of four dedicated digital front end label and packaging production printing tools created through collaboration with EskoArtwork.
• Pantone Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of X-Rite Incorporated (09/E04): EskoArtwork will be demonstrating the integration of the PANTONE Goe System in the company's various workflow products for packaging and commercial print.
• Presstek (04/A55): Presstek has signed an OEM agreement and is demonstrating Odystar and Neo. Presstek now will offer EskoArtwork's Odystar workflow solution under the Presstek Latitude brand name. Presstek will also reference-sell other EskoArtwork products into its customer base, which will further expand Presstek's workflow offerings for medium to large-size printing businesses.
• Punch Graphix (08a/D25): Commercial printing workflow using Odystar, Neo and Equinox/Kaleidoscope for basysPrint. Labels printed with KaleidoScope and FlexRip on Xeikon press 3300.
• Sakata INX (04/C11): EskoArtwork software demo and samples produced on stand.
• Sefar AG (03/A69): Esko FlexRIP drives the Sefar CTS device for screen printing
• SolidWorks: Demo showing how CAD product designs created with SolidWorks are integrated with 3D packaging designs created with EskoArtwork solutions.
• Xerox (08b / A78): Demonstrating EskoArtwork packaging design and pre-production with ArtiosCAD, DeskPack and Plato driving the Xerox iGen3 and Esko Kongsberg i-XE10 as an end to end printing finishing solution for short-run folding carton packaging applications.
"EskoArtwork is a strong supporter of industry standards, which helps us to collaborate with other suppliers to build and deliver value-adding solutions," comments Carsten Knudsen, President and CEO of EskoArtwork. "Our theme of 'Connect More!' is no more evident than here at drupa, where a large number of companies are relying on EskoArtwork technology to enhance their business or production solutions. At the same time we are able to deliver complete solutions to our own customers by working with valued hardware and software partners. We believe this benefits the industry by delivering better and more integrated solutions that make our customers more competitive and profitable."
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved