HP Expands Media Choice for HP Indigo Digital Presses
Friday, June 06, 2008
Press release from the issuing companyPALO ALTO, Calif., June 5, 2008 – HP today announced that it has signed preferred media partner agreements with several leading North American and European paper suppliers to expand the capabilities and advantages of HP Indigo digital press solutions.
HP works with more than 120 media partners in its overall media partners program for HP Indigo presses. The list of HP Indigo preferred media partners includes respected manufacturers and suppliers that are well established in the digital media marketplace.
The agreements between these media providers and HP establish a mutual commitment to support the growing and expanding needs of the HP Indigo community.
To date, HP has signed agreements with the following suppliers:
· Avery Dennison: The Fasson range of self-adhesive label stocks from leading global supplier Avery Dennison offers the broadest available range of certified choices for HP Indigo digital printing.
· Domtar: Domtar is one of the leading uncoated free sheet paper manufacturers in North America, with outstanding brand recognition in the commercial print environment and an increasingly broad array of digital paper product solutions.
· Fedrigoni: A leading European manufacturer of special papers, Fedrigoni combines tradition and advanced technology manufactured with maximum respect for the environment and dedicated to printers and graphic designers.
· GPA: GPA is a market-leading distributor of substrates for HP Indigo digital presses, including FSC-certified papers, labels and synthetics and an innovative range of application solutions.
· Innovia Films: Innovia Films is a leading global producer of specialty high-performance biaxially oriented polypropylene (BOPP) and cellulose films for packaging, labels, overwrap and securities.
· Mohawk Fine Papers Inc.: Recognized for technical innovation, high quality and progressive environmental initiatives, Mohawk manufactures a wide range of premium printing, writing and digital papers.
· M-real Zanders: M-real Zanders is one of the leading manufacturers of coated digital imaging papers in Europe.
· New Page: New Page is a paper manufacturer in North America with well-established and recognized brands including Futura Laser, Sterling Ultra Digital for HP Indigo and Blazer Digital.
· UPM Raflatac: UPM Raflatac is the label division of UPM, a world-leading supplier of self-adhesive labelstock and radio-frequency identification (RFID) tags and inlays. UPM Raflatac offers a wide range of paper-based and filmic label materials for a variety of needs in product and information labeling.
"These media suppliers give print service providers greater flexibility in the types of products they can print, have contributed to the growth of the HP Indigo business, and will be partners in our future successes," said Alon Bar-Shany, vice president and general manager, Indigo division, HP. "Today, we are working with many of these partners to help our mutual customers reach their goals of environmental stewardship, with ready selections of HP Indigo-certified media that also have certifications from FSC, SFI and PEFC, as well as recycled papers and products made with neutral carbon emissions."
HP Indigo presses print on a wide range of certified media for digital printing. Between 2006 and 2007, the number of certified media grew 35 percent, and presently, more than 1,400 different off-the-shelf papers and synthetic and specialty substrates are certified for printing on HP Indigo presses.
HP Indigo-certified media includes a range of digital optimized papers as well as a large number of standard offset papers. All certified substrates are tested in one of HP Indigo's testing centers around the world using the same testing and certification methodology to assure consistency.
HP Indigo preferred media partners meet a set of additional criteria that demonstrates their ability to provide superior service and support, regional and global coverage, and environmental responsibility concerns. The new preferred media partners are well-recognized manufacturers and suppliers that have developed high-quality solutions ranging from everyday papers to unique solutions that expand applications and businesses. These partners are helping to speed the adoption of digital among print service providers, meeting exacting customer demands and providing a competitive advantage.
Direct communication and collaboration between HP and these suppliers will reduce the time needed to develop new media products as well as enable expanded service and support for users of the preferred media partners' substrates. HP and its preferred media partners will also work together on promotional offerings to the HP Indigo customer base, as well as provide media for HP's training and demo centers and product exhibitions.
Copyright © 2019 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved