KBA North America Posts Tremendous Sales Results at Print 05
Press release from the issuing company
With Print 05 & Converting winding down in Chicago, KBA North America, a leading supplier of sheetfed offset and digital presses based in Williston, VT, has posted tremendous sales results in the first few days. All of its presses on the show floor have been sold with more presses scheduled to be delivered later this fall.
Large and super large format:
1. National Posters, Inc., the flagship company of National Print Group, Inc., headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, has purchased a KBA Rapida 205 81-inch seven-color plus coater sheetfed press at Print 05 & Converting, making it the world’s largest litho press in the U.S. weighing in at almost 600,000 lbs. The press is due to be delivered to the Chattanooga, Tenn. plant in March 2006 with a start-up date of July
2. MOR Printing, a high-end commercial printing, mailing, and fulfillment firm located in Tamarac, Florida, has purchased one of KBA’s worlds best selling large format presses, the KBA Rapida 142 56-inch six color plus coater large format sheetfed press with hybrid UV capabilities on the show floor at Print 05
41 inch market:
3. Paragraphics, Inc., a high quality commercial printer located in San Rafael, California, has agreed to purchase a KBA Rapida 105 41-inch six-color sheetfed press with coater and UV hybrid capabilities after it has been displayed at Print 05 & Converting 05
4. Commercial Printers Inc., a Pompano Beach, Florida commercial printer, has signed an agreement to purchase a KBA Rapida 105 41-inch five-color perfector press to be delivered in December.
Medium and small format:
5. TopLine Printing and Graphics, a commercial printer located in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada and West Palm Beach, Florida, has agreed to purchase the KBA 74 Karat digital offset press plus coater from the
show floor at Print 05 & Converting 05
6. 3S Printers Inc., a commercial Printer based in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada signed for a 74 Karat + coater. 3S Printers wants to expand their business into the plastics market. Since the 74 Karat can print on a huge variety of substrates, from onion skin paper to board to synthetic materials, the 74 Karat became their first choice.
7. Full Color Printing Inc., Las Vegas, has signed an agreement to purchase a KBA Performa 74 five-color plus coater
8. Marketing Services by Vectra, a Columbus, Ohio commercial printer, has agreed to purchase a KBA Genius 52 UV press, world’s first waterless UV press.
9. Crawford Industries, a leading North American provider of polyolefin-based (polyethylene and polypropylene) custom packaging and product integration services, is purchasing the KBA Genius 52 UV five
color, from the show floor at Print 05 & Converting 05.
10. Rey Nelson Printing Inc., a 28-year-old California trade printer located in Ontario, Calif., purchased another KBA Genius 52 UV five color.
11. Spectrum Lithograph, a family owned commercial printer, based in Fremont, California, signed for a Genius 52 UV. Spectrum has 20+ employees; their sales volume is approx. $ 5 million.
12. Big3D.com, one of the technology leaders in Lenticular printing, agreed to purchase a Genius 52 UV for their short run lenticular jobs.
“In only the first few days of the show, KBA North America has become the first stop for printers who are looking to differentiate themselves from their competitors and find a press that is suited to their
business needs,” says Ralf Sammeck, president and CEO of KBA North America.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.