Pageflex to Highlight Collaborations, Unveil Upgrade at drupa
Friday, May 30, 2008
Press release from the issuing companyDuesseldorf, Germany, May 29, 2008 – Pageflex, a division of Bitstream Inc. and a leading developer of enterprise variable data publishing and web-to-print solutions, announced today the launch of Pageflex 6.1, an enhancement of its award-winning software. Maintaining its commitment to customer-focused innovation, this new version further simplifies and enriches the design, production and measurement of effective, unique marketing campaigns. This latest upgrade will be showcased for interested viewers at drupa 2008, May 29-June 11, Düsseldorf, Germany, Hall 7a, Booth B13.
In addition to demonstrations in the Pageflex booth, Pageflex will be powering customized printing, exhibiting new integrations and cross media capabilities in five major partner booths:
- Adobe (Hall 7 / 7.0 E), highlighting recent integration with InDesign® and support of a new PDF/VT format for faster output generation and smaller file sizes.
- Canon (Hall 8A, Booth B46), Pageflex will be demonstrating a multi-faceted personalized marketing campaign that incorporates personalized direct mail, pURLs, a poster printed on-the-spot for individual attendees, SMS text messaging, and a viral social networking component that includes a personalized video.
- HP (Hall 8A, Booth B26), demonstrating the full product line and an integration between Pageflex Storefront and HP SmartStream Production Pro Server using JDF, which seamlessly transfers job information from one system to the other, giving users an end-to-end workflow solution
- Heidelberg (Hall 1), showcasing the connectivity with Heidelberg Prinect and Pageflex Storefront for streamlining print workflow
- Duplo (Hall 13, B53), driving customized print jobs for live production and finishing on Duplo equipment through intergration between Pageflex Storefront, Symbio from Objective Advantage and Duplo to automate production
- Xeikon (Hall 8A, Booth D25), demonstrating the full Pageflex product line.
“The latest version of our software builds upon our tradition of providing customers with superlative tools for crafting, executing and tracking customized, compelling marketing campaigns. By heightening display options within the Campaign Manager, marketers have an impactful, resonant instrument for measuring the effectiveness of their efforts,” explained Anna Chagnon, president and CEO, Bistream, Inc. “The superior database and editing handling will grant customers a higher level of control, allowing them to more easily achieve both their creative and money-making goals.”
The release of Pageflex 6.1 includes four new capabilities:
- Charting for Campaign Manager, allowing for the optional display of a “Charts” tab on the tracking site for each created campaign that can be used to present vivid, graphical charts in standard forms, such as 2D and 3D doughnuts and pie and pyramid charts, all customizable by the user
- Flash API for Server, enabling the use of Flash-based document editing with DHTML controls for server customers with web store build-outs
- Improved handling of large Storefront databases, enhancing the Storefront infrastructure for importing and exporting large databases for maintenance, back-ups and upgrades
- Support for Microsoft Windows Vista in Pageflex Studio
For more information on drupa 2008, please visit www.drupa.com.
Copyright © 2018 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved