Agfa Announces GreenWorks Printers
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Press release from the issuing companyRidgefield Park, NJ - EARTH DAY - April 22, 2008 - In celebration of Earth Day, Agfa Graphics, North America today announced the latest 17 companies to be honored by its GreenWorksTM program. GreenWorks honors Agfa customers that are proactively involved in environmental responsibility including the use of :Azura Chemistry-Free digital printing plates or :Amigo Low-Chemistry digital printing plates. As part of the program, Agfa assists GreenWorks companies in building awareness about their accomplishments.
The following companies were announced as GreenWorks honorees:
- AMPA Printing – Markham, Ontario
- Astro Printing – Cornwall, Ontario
- Bassette Company – Springfield, Massachusetts
- Berman Printing Company – Cincinnati, Ohio
- C&D Printing Company – St. Petersburg, Florida
- CCPRESS.NET – Baltimore, Maryland
- Chinese Computer Typesetting – Scarborough, Ontario
- Designers Press – Orlando, Florida
- Heritage Printing and Graphics – Leonardstown, Maryland
- HIMS Desktop Publishing – Scarborough, Ontario
- Lightning Graphics – Scarborough, Ontario
- Litho Impressions – Temple Hills, Maryland
- Litho Mille Iles – Terrebonne, Quebec
- Printcom – Toronto, Ontario
- PXPOHIO - Reynoldsburg, Ohio
- Spectrum Printing - Rockville, Maryland
- Thermo Trade and Litho Inc. – Toronto, Ontario
Agfa provides all GreenWorks printers a wide range of promotional materials to help them publicize their green initiatives. That can have a positive effect on everything from increased business to improved employee satisfaction.
To become part of Agfa's GreenWorks program, printing companies must be users of Agfa's ThermoFuseTM digital platemaking technology. This includes the top-selling, chemistry-free :Azura plate and the low-chemistry :Amigo plate, both of which have significantly reduced the impact on the environment as compared to conventional digital or analog plates. In addition, GreenWorks printers must also demonstrate that they are active in other environmental initiatives, as well as show their involvement in other efforts such as recycling, reducing waste, or using alternative energy sources.
GreenWorks is an extension of Agfa's Environmental Recognition Awards Program which began in 2007. Companies that have already been designated with environmental recognition awards will automatically become members of GreenWorks.
Copyright © 2016 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved