Log In | Become a Member | Contact Us


Leading printing executives into the future

Connect on Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Featured:     European Coverage     Production Inkjet Analysis

Tera Digital Publishing Continues The Shaping Of Its Global Sales Network

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Press release from the issuing company

On December 23rd, Tera Digital Publishing and the Malaysian company Formis Holdings Berhad (Formis), listed on Bursa Malaysia (formerly known as Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange) reached an agreement for the transferring of shareholdings and management of Tera Asia Pacific Sdn Bhd , Tera’s local distributor for the Asia Pacific region. Under this agreement, Formis, that already owns the 40% of Tera Asia Pacific, is to acquire the remaining 60% and to become the only shareholder of Tera Asia Pacific. Contemporarily to the shareholding transfer, Tera Digital Publishing renewed the distribution contract with Tera Asia Pacific as the exclusive dealer for all the range of Tera’s editorial solutions for the Asia Pacific region, including Australia and New Zealand. In Asia Pacific, Tera Digital Publishing enlists some of its most important media groups in its customer installed base, such as the New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd and the Utusan Melayu Berhad in Malaysia, Kompas in Indonesia and Inquirer Publishing in the Philippines. According to Tera Digital Publishing’s CEO Anton Andrea Speciale, the transferring of Tera Asia Pacific shareholdings crowns a project that the Italian software house started in 2003. “For the past two years,” – says Anton Andrea Speciale – “we have been working on shifting our business strategy from a sales network based on branches and subsidiary offices to a model that focuses on local business partners. In times of tight economy, the local company model is a winning model: lower impacts and faster reactions on the local market.” “The partnership with Formis began in 2001, when Tera founded Tera Asia Pacific. It’s been a fruitful and respectful relationship, I believe that the complete acquisition of Tera Asia Pacific by Formis is the natural consequence of a mutual positive partnership. I am looking forward to seeing the outcome of this new format of relationship.”

 

 

SHARE

Email Icon Email

Print Icon Print

Become a Member

Join the thousands of printing executives who are already part of the WhatTheyThink Community.

Copyright © 2016 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved