DALLAS & LONDON--Dec. 7, 2004-- Docucorp International, a leading provider of enterprise information solutions, announced today the availability of Documaker 11.0, a new version of its flexible publishing solution that enables companies to produce high volumes of customized information.
Documaker's publishing capabilities range from automating personalized documents for millions of individual recipients to creating tailored one-on-one communications based on company-specific publishing rules.
"Documaker 11.0 is a robust upgrade that represents a shift in our development paradigm, enhancing the development process so that it is better, faster and easier to use," said Bruce Dale, senior vice president, products, Docucorp International. "This new version features an integrated development environment that includes forms composition, resource editing, business rules development, maintenance and debugging. The evolution of Documaker 11.0 will deliver real value to all of our Documerge and Documaker clients, as well as prospective clients."
Documaker 11.0 highlights include:
* Seamless workbench - create and manage resource members, such as forms, images, logos, fonts, scripts, configuration files and tables, all from within a single integrated set of development tools.
* Resource library management - preview resource members; check resources in and out; track library change history; assign effective dates and expire obsolete resources; perform context sensitive searches of library members and relationships; assign resources to projects and manage development status; and promote resources from development to test and then to production libraries, including across platforms.
* Multi-user forms development - check forms in and out; assign effective dates; visually assemble form components and establish relative positioning of sub-forms; assign recipients, triggering rules, and attributes; and reuse forms across multiple business groups.
* Visual testing and debugging - utilize test extract files or manually trigger document components; set up job execution tables; visually preview the dynamic assembly of documents as they process; set breakpoints at multiple points and execution levels; step through script source code; and watch internal symbolic values as they change.
* Security and settings management - assign user rights and maintain system settings to control the system at a global, local or deployment level.
* Script editing - check scripts in and out and create script libraries; assign effective dates; verify script syntax with color-coded keyword and syntax display; drag-and-drop built-in functions; check syntax dynamically; and utilize the wizard to construct "if-then-else" trigger logic.
* Upgrade wizards - rapidly migrate resources from prior Documaker versions and create resource libraries.
Current licensees of Documaker will receive upgrade notices from Docucorp's Customer Support on how to receive the newest version. For more information, call 1-800-735-6620 or e-mail email@example.com.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.