Lewis to Address Print Industry on the Environment
Monday, February 18, 2008
Press release from the issuing companyFebruary 14, 2008 TORONTO – PrintAction magazine, the leading publication for Canada’s graphic communications industry, is set once again to celebrate the efforts of those in the printing industry working to reduce their impacts on the environment. The Environmental Printing Awards (EPA), now in its third year, will feature a keynote speech by renowned humanitarian Stephen Lewis at the February 27 gala. Global Ontario anchor Leslie Roberts will host the Awards evening at the historic Palais Royale Ballroom in Toronto.
Stephen Lewis, humanitarian, diplomat, and former UN special envoy for HIV/AIDS in Africa, will deliver his speech following previous years’ memorable speeches by Brian Mulroney and David Suzuki.
The organizers have extended the EPA program for 2008 to reflect the increasing diversity of eco-initiatives underway in the industry. New award categories focus on the distinctions between digital and offset printing, as well as rigid and flexo packaging and printing processes.
PrintAction presents the Environmental Printing Awards to celebrate the winners in the following award categories:
- EPA.1 Environmental Innovator
- EPA.2 Environmental Community Involvement
- EPA.3 Most progressive environmental process (vendor)
- EPA.4 Most progressive environmental process (printer)
- EPA.5 Most progressive environmental product
- EPA.6 Most environmentally progressive vendor in Canada
- EPA. 7 Most environmentally progressive printer in Canada (1-49 employees)
- EPA.8 Most environmentally progressive printer in Canada (50-100 employees)
- EPA.9 Most environmentally progressive printer in Canada (100+ employees)
- EPA.10 Most environmentally progressive print consumer in Canada
- EPA.11 Most progressive environmental printing project (offset)
- EPA.12 Most progressive environmental printing project (digital)
- EPA.13 Most progressive environmental packaging project (rigid)
- EPA.14 Most progressive environmental printing project (flexible)
A limited number of tickets for the gala event will be made available in advance from the PrintAction Website, www.printaction.com/epa or by calling 416.665.7333 or 800.363.3261.
Copyright © 2016 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved