PDF Conference Announces Success of Carl Young Training Associates
Press release from the issuing company
September 13, 2004—Phoenix, AZ—Carl Young, producer of the popular PDF Conference and Expo events held annually, has announced expanded training offerings and workflow consulting from Carl Young Training Associates (CYTA), a new training organization for enterprise, government, and graphic arts communities.
CYTA has assembled a cadre of the industry’s finest instructors and experts to provide high-impact custom on-site as well as public training on the most popular Adobe software programs such as Acrobat, InDesign, FrameMaker, Illustrator and Photoshop.
Newly added services include:
- Additional Acrobat training programs including: Creating Intelligent Adobe PDF
- Forms, Section 508 and Acrobat, Acrobat Review and Markup
- New training in Adobe InDesign CS, Quark to InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Consulting in developing more productive and cost-efficient workflow standards for those who use Adobe products in their workflow
"We often find that many of our client’s needs go beyond technical training in whatever Adobe product they are using," says Carl Young, lead trainer and developer of CYTA courseware. "To really improve workflow processes or ease the transition into new software, we offer consulting in developing better workflow standards so that the client gets the maximum use from their Adobe products."
“This is a very exciting new venture for us,” says Jo Lou Young, President, CYTA. “We have brought the best Adobe Certified Instructors on board to bring unsurpassed training, tips and education to organizations of all sizes and backgrounds.”
Paul Meacham, Bechtel SAIC, says about the trainers, “Carl is a trainer of the rarest kind: expert enough in the subject to explain not only the ‘how’ stuff, but also the ‘why’ and ‘when.’ He’s a great communicator and teacher.”
Debbie Allen, Group Publishing, comments, “Claudia (McCue) was awesome. She made the entire experience fun and jam-packed with useful training relevant to the production of our products.”
Other highlights of CYTA services include:
• Adobe Acrobat training for beginning, intermediate and advanced users
• Unique mobile PC classroom program that brings training right to the client’s facility
• Courses for those wishing to make their Adobe Acrobat documents Section 508 compliant
• Adobe FrameMaker training for beginning, intermediate and advanced users
• Training for those converting to FrameMaker from other software programs, such as InterLeaf and Word
• Training for those switching from Quark and other page layout programs to InDesign CS
• Consulting services for those creating large documents (500 to 30,000 pages) using FrameMaker
CYTA provides customized training to each individual client’s unique workflow, issues and needs. Consulting is offered to use existing company software tools in order to create more efficient and productive workflows and get employees on the same track.
Public CYTA training is offered in key cities throughout the year with the world’s top Adobe trainers. The next public training is ‘Acrobat 6 Professional Results’ being held Nov. 17-18, 2004 in Washington, D.C.
CYTA customers include: Internal Revenue Service; Library of Congress; American Honda Motor Co.; Bechtel SAIC; Boeing; Caterpillar; Citibank; Honeywell; JP Morgan Chase; Johns Hopkins Univ.; MasterCard; Motorola; National Cancer Institute; National Institutes of Health; RR Donnelley; Sandia National Labs and Sony.
For more information about Carl Young Training Associates or to register for training, call toll-free: 1-800-758-6512; visit http://www.pdftrain.com; or e-mail for more details.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.