WhatTheyThink Environmental Innovation Award Winners Announced
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyLEXINGTON, KY -- Today, on the 39th Anniversary of Earth Day, WhatTheyThink, the leading news and information site for the graphic communications industry, announced the winners of the WhatTheyThink Environmental Innovation Awards, given in partnership with Unisource Worldwide and the Unisource Respect Printers Program.
The Environmental Innovation Awards recognize companies that are making real and concrete contributions to innovation, implementation, and communication of environmental solutions. Five awards will be presented to industry leaders who have developed environmental solutions within the design, production, and delivery value chain for printed graphic communications.
"We received numerous applications and wish to thank all the companies who submitted forms describing their environmental initiatives. It's hard to select just a few for recognition. We are proud and pleased to announce the winners of the first Environmental Innovation Awards," said Gail Nickel-Kailing, managing editor of WhatTheyThink Going Green. "These companies are environmentally progressive and have implemented projects, initiatives, and processes that go beyond certification and compliance."
The winners are:
- Patient News Publishing, Haliburton, ON, for the Environmental Sustainability and Your Community award, which recognizes a company that is involved in an environmentally progressive community program.
- Quad/Graphics, Sussex, WI, for the Environmental Sustainability and Your Plant award, which recognizes a company that is "walking the talk" in their own plant.
- Homewood Press, Toledo, OH, for the Environmental Sustainability and Your Processes award, which recognizes a company that is implementing environmentally sensitive processes.
- AllpakTrojan, Renton, WA, for the Beyond Environmental Sustainability award, which recognizes a leading-edge solution or initiative involving unique creativity.
- Spirit Graphics & Printing, Chula Vista, CA, for the Thought Leader award, which recognizes a company that best represents the "new green graphic arts company."
The winners will be flown to Atlanta where they will be presented their awards by executives from WhatTheyThink and Unisource, in a special ceremony. Not only will each recipient be spotlighted on all of WhatTheyThink's online properties, each will be keynoted in a one-on-one video that can be shared with their customers and the press. As a special "Thank You," winners also get site-wide corporate access to WhatTheyThink.com for a year.
WhatTheyThink is the printing and publishing industry's leading media organization; offering a wide range of publications delivering unbiased, real-time market intelligence, industry news, economic and trend analysis, peer-to-peer communication, and special reports about emerging technology and critical events. For more information go to www.WhatTheyThink.com.
Copyright © 2016 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved