Kodak offers enhancements to APEX
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyLAS VEGAS, NV. -- A year after unveiling its new KODAK Adaptive Picture Exchange (APEX) thermal dry lab system at the 2008 PMA show, Eastman Kodak Company is enjoying strong customer acceptance and success across its broad portfolio of proven, modular and adaptive solutions. The company is building on this momentum at PMA 2009 by announcing a comprehensive suite of new feature and functionality enhancements in digital printing, capture and film products to further drive value, growth and profitability for its retail and professional photo processing customers.
“Kodak is committed to delivering the best possible ROI/square foot in the photo retailing industry,” said Jeffrey Hayzlett, chief marketing officer, Eastman Kodak Company. “With an unparalleled portfolio of photo retail solutions, including our shining stars: APEX and KODAK Picture Kiosks, our customers can create highly profitable products and services that meet and exceed consumer needs.”
New APEX Enhancements Drive Even More Value for Retailers
Over the past year, APEX has been enhanced with new features, cabinetry and hardware options that deliver even more efficiency and profit opportunities. Kodak is launching new thermal printer options which will be available this summer – the model 7010 with backprinting for additional order management and consumer messaging, as well as the model 7015 which combines backprinting with premium borderless 5x7 printing. Both printers enable the retailer to select gloss and one of two different satin finish options from a single media SKU, simplifying retailer inventory management while providing consumers more choice. APEX also features a new three-printer 30” cabinet, which enables up to 900 4x6 prints per hour and 8x10 printing capability in a small footprint, and a new 70” configuration for up to 1800 prints per hour.
APEX is fully compatible with the Kodak DL2100 Duplex printer, a low-cost, add-on electrophotographic print system, which enables creation of high margin duplex products in minutes such as cards, calendars and photo books. And, APEX now connects directly to the KODAK Rapid Print Scanner for high margin, behind the counter scanning that makes a shoebox of treasured prints come alive again in collages, photo books, KODAK Picture Movie DVD, KODAK Picture CD or other gifts and keepsakes. New lab manager functionality includes optimized image rendering algorithms to produce orders faster than ever before and track delivery progress, while new network connectivity, imaging effects and enlargement print sizes deliver high margin consumer products and services.
Kodak Picture Kiosks Move Beyond Prints to Delight Consumers and
Grow Retailer Profits
In the first quarter of 2009, Kodak will surpass 100,000 Kodak Picture Kiosks installed worldwide – with an expanding range of fast, easy gifting and printing solutions, including the KODAK Picture Movie DVD, which is now available in more than 10,000 retail locations globally, with more additions coming on stream throughout the year. In the second quarter of 2009, Kodak will further enhance Picture Movie DVD, doubling the number of music titles and categorizing music by event type, so consumers can quickly and easily find the song they want to match up with their pictures.
“Kodak Picture Kiosks offer fun, engaging environments for consumers to create professional quality, premium photo products instantly and conveniently right around the corner,” said Nicki Zongrone, general manager Retail Systems Solutions and vice president of Eastman Kodak Company. “Easy-to-make photo creations provide great gifts and keepsakes in minutes, and that is why more than 50 million individual consumers use Kodak’s instant printing picture kiosks each year, providing our retail partners with more profit opportunities at less cost.”
Kodak’s Picture Kiosks will feature new functionality to help retailers promote high-profit premium products such as Picture Movie DVD and Photo Books through improved merchandising and cross selling, which utilizes an intelligent up-sell algorithm that visually depicts exciting creative products utilizing the consumers’ own images. In addition, new innovative attract loops running on the screen suggest more ways that consumers can work with their images to make high value products – like Picture Movie DVD, Photo Books, Calendars and more - all designed to increase retailer revenue and profits. Individual kiosks can now connect directly to the KODAK DL-2100 Duplex printer providing an exceptionally low cost system for ordering and producing duplex premium products.
Kodak’s broad portfolio drives success at Retail with creative solutions and proven performance in digital printing, capture and film products
- KODAK NEXPRESS Intelligent Dimensional Printing delivers a 3D effect that grabs readers’ attention and makes products pop. Available as part of the KODAK NEXPRESS Fifth Imaging Unit Solutions, Dimensional Printing combines KODAK NEXPRESS Intelligent Dimensional Coating Solution and KODAK NEXPRESS Dimensional Clear Dry Ink to give specified text and images a raised or 3D effect that can deliver higher impact photo press products. The result is a printed piece with a dimensional feel that mimics the surface of the items in the image. This new feature for the family of KODAK NEXPRESS Digital Production Color Presses delivers another way to expand sales opportunities with unique photo press products.
- Kodak Express Solutions (KEX) now delivers the power of imaging at retail with a broad portfolio of Kodak products/services via an e-book web module that allows retailers to transform their store into a “Destination Store.” There are currently more than 26,000 branded KEX stores in 41 countries on 5 continents and in 19 languages.
- Kodak’s full service, behind-the-counter s1220 Photo Scanning System, features new enhancements to help consumers keep memories alive for generations to come including a new selectable software-based Image Cleaner Tool, and a new in-box cleaning system to enhance image quality and correct for the impact of dust on photos, while additional software improvements optimize workflow and increase performance.
- Custom Single Use Cameras – a favorite for its convenience and ease of use, Kodak now offers businesses and organizations to create their own custom-designed cameras on orders of 250 or more cameras.
- Kodak EKTAR 100 film, the finest, smoothest grain film, is now available today in 120 format. The ISO 100 speed film features high saturation and ultra-vivid color, incorporating KODAK VISION Motion Picture Film Technology.
- KODAK FLEXICOLOR LU Developer Replenisher LORR is specially formulated to extend developer stability up to two times under low-utilization conditions. FLEXICOLOR LU significantly reduces labor and costs for making corrections or mixing new developer solutions in order to maintain critical film processing quality.
“Kodak serves customers around the world with a range of technologies, from advanced thermal technology, to new electrophotographic printing capabilities, to world class AgX solutions,” said Hayzlett. “With our technology innovation and our award-winning digital printing, capture and film products, Kodak has the solution for virtually any retailer need.”
For more information on Kodak retail printing, visit www.kodak.com/go/retailprinting.
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved