RealTimeImage Showcases RealTimeProof Express at Graph Expo
Press release from the issuing company
- RealTimeImage Now Offers Broadest Range of Solutions for Powerful Online Proofing & Approval Management
- New RealTimeProof Express Combines Client-Server & ASP Features for Full-Scale Control & Functionality
CHICAGO (GRAPH EXPO), October 6, 2002 ˆ RealTimeImage, Inc., the world leader in online imaging, proofing and collaboration technology, unveils its new RealTimeProof Express solution here at the GRAPH EXPO trade show, October 6-9, at Chicago's McCormick Place.
RealTimeProof Express combines the administration and workflow management benefits of a robust centralized ASP, with the performance and control benefits of streaming the hi-resolution data from a local server.
Yehuda Messinger, Executive Vice President, Graphic Arts for RealTimeImage, says, "RealTimeProof Express was developed as a direct result of requests by our customers who wanted to derive different benefits found in our two flagship offerings ˆ the ASP and the client-server products - in one solution. RealTimeProof Express offers the best of both by providing a unique set of approval workflow features that we have on our robust ASP while keeping their high resolution assets locally."
RealTimeProof is available immediately to existing customers via a simple migration path from RTP Classic, the client-server offering, or RealTimeProof ASP. RealTimeImage is offering a variety of affordable subscription-based or cost-effective "CapEx" pricing.
RealTimeProof Express is the latest addition to RealTimeImage's suite of remote proofing and approval management solutions in use at hundreds of sites worldwide. The company's core technology is the backbone of remote proofing solutions from OEM partners including Heidelberg, Kodak Polychrome Graphics, Engage, Schawk Interchange, and WAM!NET.
How It Works
1. RealTimeProof Express utilizes the RealTimeProof streaming engine, which is hosted on the client company's internet-accessible network. The RealTimeProof ASP's Oracle database tracks the images stored on the RealTimeProof Express engine, exactly as if the files had been uploaded to the RealTimeProof server farm.
2. Users log into RealTimeProof ASP with a user account name and password. Security is maintained by RealTimeProof's high security standards, using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) 128-bit encryption.
3. Users access the workspace or project they have been invited to and select an image to view. When the user clicks on a thumbnail, the database recognizes that the image is located at the local RealTimeProof Express server and sends the command to stream the high-resolution data directly to the end user from the Express server.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.