Enfocus at Publishing Expo
Monday, February 09, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyGent, Belgium – Enfocus will present its full suite of production and automation solutions at Publishing Expo 2009, the leading graphic arts event in the United Kingdom. On the Targetcolour booth (stand A156), Enfocus will present its solutions for maximizing productivity, quality and automation. Visitors are also invited to assist to live demonstrations of the PitStop and Switch product range, including the brand-new PitStop Extreme and PDF Standardizer. Publishing Expo takes place at Olympia 2 in London on February 11th and 12th 2009.
"In today's competitive and time-sensitive market, it is more important then ever to enhance productivity and automate where possible, retaining the same quality level. Enfocus products bring a number of productivity advantages to the publishing process, including workflow automation using Switch and last-minute native PDF editing with the PitStop product line," says David van Driessche, Director of Enfocus Marketing. "Publishing Expo is the ideal platform to inform printers, designers, agencies and publishers about our comprehensive tool set and demonstrate the new PitStop Extreme and PDF Standardizer for the first time in the United Kingdom."
Enfocus is joining forces with Targetcolour at Publishing Expo. "The recent collaboration between Enfocus and Targetcolour blends the Colour Management experience and implementation of Alwan technology to Enfocus's established products,"says Malcolm Mackenzie, Operations Director at Targetcolour. "The weak link between publishers and printers is the PDF in its construction, standard and colour communication. Targetcolour is proud to partner Enfocus to offer the best solutions available."
PitStop Extreme: Extreme power and productivity in the management of PDF workflows
PitStop Extreme, released in December 2008, is the latest addition to the Enfocus PitStop family of PDF editing tools. This high-efficiency stand-alone PDF editor has an intuitive user interface that is geared toward editing PDF files in the production environment, making it easy and safe to edit even complex files without the need for any additional software investments.
With the new PitStop Extreme, Enfocus users now have multiple choices for PDF editing. PitStop Professional allows PDF editing using the familiar environment of Adobe Acrobat, and PitStop Extreme comes with a complementary license for PitStop Professional allowing the convenience of editing from within Adobe Acrobat should that need arise. PitStop Extreme is standards-compliant, including PDF/X and the Ghent PDF Workgroup specifications.
Key benefits include:
• Accurate viewing of any PDF file, exactly as it will be printed.
• Standard Enfocus PitStop Action Lists to automate document-wide changes in almost any conceivable manner.
• Full text editing capabilities that allow users to work within the native PDF file, making it easy to reflow text, make justification or even link different text blocks on the page for instant text reflow while editing. In addition, PitStop Extreme allows for image editing and/or replacement within the native PDF file.
• Extreme flexibility in dealing with PDF files containing transparency. Files can be edited without changing transparency, or transparent objects can be easily and reliably flattened in the file.
• Risk-free editing of PDF files. After editing, PitStop Extreme saves the edits to the PDF file, touching only the modified objects, and retaining non-printing objects such as metadata.
PDF Standardizer: powerful automation, preflight & color application for unparalleled quality assurance
Alwan PDF Standardizer is the results of the joint effort between Enfocus and Alwan Color Expertise. Alwan PDF Standardizer brings simple, reliable PDF standardization and quality control to the graphic arts market. With PDF Standardizer, publishers, agencies and other content creators can produce predictable, problem-free PDFs, and print service providers can more easily preflight and normalize source PDFs before placing them into production.
In addition to leveraging the automation and advanced preflighting capabilities of Enfocus PitStop and Enfocus Switch, PDF Standardizer also provides out-of-the-box compliance with ISO 12647 and 15930 color requirements. This brings an innovative quality assurance process to global and print-on-demand digital workflows, simplifying production for both content creators and print service providers. It offers dynamic color management, flattening of transparencies, and normalization of PDF files, resulting in perfect workflow reliability. In addition, PDF Standardizer has the 2008 InterTech award-winning Alwan Dynamic Device Link technology embedded, and easily integrates with any existing workflow.
Key benefits include:
• Integrated PDF and color preflighting and standardization
• Simple PDF color management within reach for users at all skill levels
• A new level of reliability and quality assurance for global and print-on-demand workflows
• Ability to easily integrate with existing workflow and workflow systems
• Problem-free processing and conversion of source PDF files into reliable PDFs for printing in any environment
• Dynamic color management and dynamic management and flattening of transparencies for error-free PDF processing by both current and legacy workflow systems
• Automatic installation, and easy operating with a user-friendly wizard that enables fast set-up, including queues and system settings
Enfocus 08 line: PitStop Professional 08, PitStop Server 08, Switch 08 and Instant PDF 08
The updated Enfocus 08 line includes compatibility with Adobe Acrobat 9 along with advanced multilingual capabilities. For PitStop Professional 08 users, Acrobat 9 compatibility and the language versions are being made available as no-charge upgrades. The latest versions of PitStop Professional, PitStop Server, Instant PDF and the Switch product family, as well as fully-functional trial versions of all Enfocus products, are available for download from the Enfocus website at: www.enfocus.com.
Copyright © 2018 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved