MGI: JETvarnish Digital Inkjet Spot UV Coater
Friday, February 06, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyMELBOURNE, Fla. - MGI Digital Graphic Technology/MGI USA, the multi-substrate (paper and plastic) digital press and finishing solution manufacturer, will launch the JETvarnish® digital inkjet spot UV coater at Graphics of the Americas, held February 26-28, 2009, in Miami Beach, Florida.
The revolutionary JETvarnish is the first offline digital inkjet spot UV coater, accommodating up to 52 x 74cm / 20 x 29” sheets and utilizing MGI’s patented inkjet technology. The 100% digital JETvarnish can handle runs from one to thousands with ease with full variable data capabilities. Computer controlled drop-on-demand print heads allow for precise spot coverage and the integrated ozone-free UV lamp enables instant drying.
* Dramatically lower production cost compared to offset or screen spot varnish methods
* No plates, screens or messy cleanup required with virtually no makeready
* Accommodates a wide range of coated paper and plastic substrates, up to 600gsm/220lb cover
* Produces up to 2,500 52 x 74cm / 20 x 29” sheets per hour
* MGI’s Eco-Concept: environmentally friendly design virtually eliminates waste of raw materials and packaging, is ozone and solvent free and utilizes “green” consumables
* 100% variable data capable, enabling custom spot varnished prints with unique graphics, text, barcodes and many other options, a feature no other spot UV method can offer
* Push-button integration with most DTP software
* MGI’s front-end system (engineered specifically for the JETvarnish’s inkjet technology) and print engine.
* Ideal for a host of applications, including book covers, posters, brochures, personalized direct mail, premium packaging, corporate materials and many others.
The JETvarnish received the prestigious Oscar de l’Emballage (World Packaging Exhibition) award in November 2008, in recognition of a technological breakthrough with a tremendous potential impact on the packaging sector, reaffirming MGI’s proven ability to deliver innovative digital printing and finishing solutions for paper and plastics in a variety of market segments year after year.
In addition to the JETvarnish, MGI USA will be exhibiting their full line of digital printing and finishing solutions at Graphics of the Americas (booth #876). Products on display will include the Meteor DP60 Pro® 4-color digital press for paper, plastics and envelopes up to 13 x 23” format (a Must See ‘Em at GRAPH EXPO 2008), Meteor DP40 Pro® 4-color digital press for paper, plastics & envelopes, UVarnish® offline UV coater, PressCard Pro® hot platen lamination unit, PunchCard Pro® credit card format die cutter, 3D Vision™ digital lenticular press and My PhotoBook Shop™ on-demand digital photo solution.
MGI USA will hold a press conference at Graphics of the Americas, on Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 2:30pm (room C228), to discuss the JETvarnish as well as the company’s other digital solutions.
Wide format Video
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved