Pittsburgh, Pa., November 20, 2001— The Print and Graphics Scholarship Foundation (PGSF) elected new members to its board of directors at its annual meeting on October 26 in St. Petersburg, Florida. Larry Warter, director of new business development for Fuji Photo Film USA in Itasca, Illinois, and PGSF chairman, announced the nine new members of the 37-person board. They are expected to serve a four-year term.
* Raymond A. Frick, Jr., president and chief executive officer, The Lehigh Press, Inc., Broadview, Illinois
* A. John Geis, A.J. Geis Associates, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
* James R. Giencke, president and chief operating officer, Arandell Corporation in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
* Bessie Halfacre, communications director, International Prepress Association, South Holland, Illinois
* Ann Hirst, national quality assurance manager advisory service, Wall Street Journal, Orlando, Florida
* William Hoffman, vice president, operations, Berlin Industries, Carol Stream, Illinois
* Richard C. Holliday, partner, 3P, Inc., Westerly, Rhode Island
* John Spenlinhauer, chairman of the board and chief executive officer, Spencer Press, Wells, Maine
* John G. St. John, president, Systems Technology, Inc., San Bernardino, California
For information on scholarships or contributing to the Print and Graphics Scholarship Foundation, please contact Bernadine Eckert, program administrator, at 200 Deer Run Road, Sewickley, PA 15143-2600; telephone 412-741-6860, ext. 309; fax 412-741-2311; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.