Techkon to Demo SpectroDens at Graph Expo
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Press release from the issuing companyDanvers, MA, September 24, 2008 - The new Techkon SpectroDens, introduced at Drupa 2008 and being demonstrated at Graph Expo 2008 in its shipping version, typifies the advantages of using Techkon instruments for color measurement in all prepress, press, lab, and paper or print inspection applications. Exclusive solid-state design -- no moving parts -- and industry-leading speed are just two reasons why Techkon is gaining favor worldwide.
"The new SpectroDens reflects Techkon's focus on high quality engineering. We put the customer, and therefore, design considerations; before all else," says George Adam, president of Techkon USA. "As a result, every single time we put a Techkon instrument in the hands of someone actively looking to purchase a color measurement device, they choose ours."
The new Techkon SpectroDens is a combination spectrophotometer and densitometer for verifying proofs, process control on press, QC of incoming ink as well as print products in color labs. The SpectroDens is now offered with several important new features and functions that will ensure users are ready when their management or clients move to different production workflows and/or standards, as well as making current workflows even more precise -- thereby reducing make-ready and overall turnaround time.
New to the SpectroDens is:
- Full integrated G7 functionality enabling ¼ -tone, mid-tone and ¾-tone measurements. The new feature displays the L* a* b* measurements and recommended adjustments clearly.
- Density measurement of an individual ink zone across the entire color bar of the press sheet, with displayed values showing trending data for precision data collection.
- CMYK color catcher working with the target press ICC profile measures spot or process CMYK colors and delivers percentage values needed to re-create the color.
- ISO-check measures L* a* b*, % dot and overprint color values against the ISO - 12647-2 industry standard.
- Crystal clear, backlit LCD display allows for easy viewing in a wide range of environments.
- Optional Color Checker for checking accuracy and repeatability of the SpectroDens against four ceramic tiles. (Tiles, wheel, and software included in package).
In addition to its unique, solid state engineering and industry-leading speed, the newest SpectroDens represents each of the Techkon cornerstones for perfect color measurement.
1. Easy and quick operation: The SpectroDens is 300% faster for each measurement over the closest competitor;
2. Industry best accuracy and precision: Individual ink zone measurement offers even greater accuracy opportunities;
3. Robust engineering and reliability: The new Color Checker insures that the SpectroDens retains the highest repeatability and reliability;
4. Ergonomic design: The contoured design and enhanced backlit LCD display make this single click device a pleasure to use.
Copyright © 2018 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved