CAMBRIDGE, MA - August 29, 2001 - Pageflex, Inc. announces Pageflex™ Mpower™ 3.0, the next generation of its award-winning dynamic composition software. The new features greatly expand Pageflex Mpower's capabilities in document customization and Web-to-print marketing.
New features include:
• Advanced Copyfitting Rules. Pageflex Mpower 3.0 copyfits text based on a variety of attributes including font size, leading, inter-paragraph spacing, horizontal scaling, and tracking. Both simple and advanced rules provide an easy-to-use interface that gives the user complete control over design decisions for making text fit into its allotted space. With the addition of vertical text justification, variable content is guaranteed to fit the document while keeping true to the original design.
• Native PDF Rendering. Pageflex Mpower 3.0 uses the Adobe® PDF Library, which improves the performance of PDF creation. Pageflex Mpower no longer requires a post-processing step to generate PDF files, which is still common for many applications today. By licensing the PDF Library from Adobe, Pageflex offers Mpower users increased speed in PDF output for print and Web previews, as well as the confidence that the PDF output is fully compliant to Adobe PDF specifications.
• Support for placed PDF. With the addition of the Adobe PDF library, Pageflex Mpower 3.0 adds PDF as a supported image format. Users can place PDF files as images and use them as static or variable content.
• Spot Colors and Tints. Pageflex Mpower 3.0 broadens its color support for digital and offset presses by providing custom spot colors and tint support.
• New Tools for Deploying Web-to-Print Projects. Pageflex Mpower 3.0 supports previewing a transactional job based on Web submissions. New features in Pageflex WebForm Wizard speed up the process of making a Web page for submitting projects. In addition, new color proofing features provide more accurate on-screen previews and bitmap output.
"These new features set a high standard for producing professional output in a variable publishing workflow," says Sang Lee, Vice President of Sales and Marketing. "Pageflex Mpower 3.0 generates high-quality customized documents that look like a professional graphic designer created each one. Setting up projects for Web-to-print also now is easier than ever."
Pageflex Mpower 3.0 is expected to be available early in the fourth quarter of 2001.
Pageflex is having the first public showing of Pageflex Mpower 3.0 at the Print 01 tradeshow September 6 -13. Print 01, the largest international tradeshow this year for the graphic arts industry, will be held at the McCormick Place in Chicago. Pageflex Mpower 3.0 demonstrations will be shown in the Indigo booth (#2129).
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.