Digital Equipment Co Looking for Distributors for Wide format printer
Friday, September 19, 2008
Press release from the issuing company(September 18, 2008) Following several successful installations of the Legend 72HUV, Digital Equipment Company announces its intention to sign up a limited number of qualified companies to distribute the 72-in. wide hybrid (roll-to-roll and flatbed) UV-curable printer.
"When we first introduced the Legend 72HUV it was important to us to have a number of printers in the field to prove the reliability and consistency of the technology. The Legend has passed this phase of its development with flying colors," says Jason Metnick, director of strategic partnerships and acquisitions for Digital Equipment Company. "The printer is greatly exceeding our expectations and the requirements of our customers, so we are now ready to expand our distributor base and provide our partners with the most robust, durable, and flexible UV-curable printer available for under $200,000."
Priced at under $80,000, the Legend 72HUV is engineered and manufactured to the highest standards, meeting and exceeding the performance of printers priced over $200,000. The Legend uses ColorWide UV-curable inks that allow printing on an endless variety of coated and uncoated materials, both roll and rigid, including foam boards, PVC boards, MDO, fabrics, vinyl, polycarbonate film, backlit film, vinyl, Coroplast, and aluminum.
According to a 68-page comprehensive report released in July 2008 by FLAAR, an independent testing source for reliable product comparisons and evaluations, the Legend is supported by "experienced service technicians who can provide installation, training, and tech support when and if this is needed in the future."
Some of the conclusions reached in the report include:
- Software gets rid of bi-directional banding
- There is no banding found in solid blacks (no banding caused by inaccurate mechanical feeding of the material)
- Most other hybrid-style UV printers are either slower and/or are rudimentary. So the Legend 72HUV is in a league above most competitors
- The printer is user-friendly
- The printer is primarily metal; even the silver-colored end caps are metal. They are powder coated, baked on, so the finish is durable
- No wobble
- You can print fine art photos, giclee and décor
- The colors on a Macbeth Color Checker look good. Hair and skin looks excellent
- I was given a manual with no hesitation. Some printer manufacturers hide their manuals because they don't want anyone to see them
- User's Manual Safety Manual, and Pre-Install manuals are professional and more user-friendly than most
- Purchase price includes three days training at Digital Equipment Company's facilities and four days of on-site installation and training. For initial training all expenses are paid
- Follow-up training is available as often as you want
- – Nicholas Hellmuth, 2008, www.FLAAR.org
For the full report, go to www.wide-format-printers.org/FLAAR_report_covers/705192_LexJet_Legend_72HUV_Report.pdf
For more information about the Legend 72HUV and to inquire about dealer opportunities, contact Jason Metnick at 941-906-3314 or go to www.digitalequipmentcompany.com
Copyright © 2018 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved