Presstek DI Users Report Growing Profits According to New InfoTrends Study
Friday, October 17, 2008
Press release from the issuing companyHudson, NH – October 16, 2008 – Presstek, Inc., the leading manufacturer and marketer of digital offset printing solutions, today announced that an independent study conducted by InfoTrends, Inc., the industry's leading worldwide market research and strategic consulting firm, concluded that Presstek DI printing services can bridge the profitability gap between toner-based and conventional offset printing. Eighty percent of survey respondents indicated that Presstek DI presses allowed them to increase their businesses by bringing in new customers based on the capabilities delivered by DI digital offset printing services.
"Our customers consistently tell us that DI presses play a significant role in making their businesses more capable, profitable and competitive," said Kathy McHugh, Presstek's Chief Marketing Officer. "We are pleased that the InfoTrends study has validated this fact. During a time when print service providers are looking for solutions that can help them economically target the fastest growing segments of the print market, it is important for them to hear that they can reap significant competitive benefits by adding a Presstek DI press to their operations."
Key findings from the report include:
- Makeready on a DI press is significantly faster than conventional offset.
- The "sweet spot" for DI printing is in the range of 500 to 20,000 finished press sheets, making DI printing services the ideal solution for profitably filling the gap that exists between toner-based and conventional offset.
- 80% of respondents indicated that Presstek DI printing services allowed them to increase their business by winning new customers.
- DI printing revenue is expected to reach 44% of total printing revenue over the next two years for these respondents' businesses.
- Respondents with multiple print technologies indicated that Presstek DI presses are more profitable than their conventional offset and digital color toner devices.
"Respondents also reported that volumes for DI press and toner-based printing are increasing, while conventional offset volumes are declining," added McHugh. "With 80% of the print buyers demanding four-color printing in quantities of 5,000 impressions or less, Presstek DI customer sites are using their DI press as a tool to maintain and grow their print businesses by economically capturing this growth market, while also satisfying the accompanying demand for higher quality and faster turnaround times."
"Our Presstek DI Printing survey found that there is a strong correlation between growth, profitability, and the acquisition of a Presstek DI press," states Steve Adoniou, Associate Director for InfoTrends. "Our research also indicated that print volume on these presses is increasing, which suggests that printers are building their businesses around their DI press."
The full study can be downloaded by visiting www.presstek.com. Presstek will be demonstrating its line of DI presses at Graph Expo in Booth 2811. The show is scheduled for October 26th through 29th at McCormick Place South in Chicago, Illinois.
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved